Post Amazon Book Reviews and Win
About the Book Reviews Contest
While FAIR IS FOUL AND FOUL IS FAIR has received some great reviews so far, the number of book reviews has been stuck at seven for a while now. In an attempt to move the needle, I've decided to host a little book reviews contest. If you enjoy contests and love the chance to win a free mystery or thriller book, please read on. The contest is aimed at those who have already read FAIR IS FOUL AND FOUL IS FAIR, but haven't previously written and posted a review. In other words, no purchase is necessary to enter. That being said, if you haven't read the latest Malone Mystery novel and want to participate in the contest, you may, of course, buy and read a copy of the book.
Why are Amazon book reviews so important? The number of reviews affect book sales. Here’s how:
- After ten reviews, Amazon starts including the book in the “also bought” and “you might like” lists. This increases the visibility of a book and improves chances of someone finding it.
- After more than ten reviews, Amazon may feature the book in spotlight positions, emails, and the newsletter. This provides the potential for a HUGE hike in sales.
- While some publishers disagree, the number of reviews may have an affect on Amazon sales ranking.
- Some literary reviewers and book promotion websites will not consider or promote a book unless it has ten or more Amazon reviews.
- Prospective readers often use book reviews when deciding to purchase or not purchase a book.
As some of the prizes, I've selected some personal favorites from among thriller & mystery titles from some other fine authors that I've read and reviewed recently. The following prizes (electronic books) will be awarded to the winners of the book reviews contest:
- VILE CITY: DETECTIVE IN A COMA by Jennifer Lee Thompson
- ALOHA MEANS GOODBY: A MURDER IN MAUI MYSTERY by Robert W. Stephens
- BEACH LAWYER by Avery Duff
*Winners of one of the above titles will be gifted the Kindle edition directly from Amazon.
Also, I'm adding the following to the prize list:
- A signed first edition of my first novel, COME WHAT MAY, in Hardcover
- A $25 Amazon Gift Card
**The hardcover book will be delivered to the winner via USPS. The gift card will be delivered electronically via Amazon.
The goal of the contest is ten new reviews. Up to five prizes will be awarded. While the odds of winning a prize is dependent on the number entries, the chances of winning a prize are pretty good for those who enter.
- The book reviews contest is open to anyone with an Amazon account who has read the novel FAIR IS FOUL AND FOUL IS FAIR, and who has not previously posted a review of the book on Amazon. No purchase is required to enter.
- The number of prizes awarded is dependent on the number of entries. All prizes may NOT be awarded IF sufficient entries are not received. All prizes WILL be awarded IF at least ten entries are received.
- Odd of winning are based on the total number of entries received.
- Contest runs from Saturday, June 17, 2017 through Saturday, July 15, 2017, or until all five prizes have been awarded, whichever occurs first. Under any circumstances, entries received after midnight, July 15, 2017, will not be accepted.
- Winners will be chosen randomly and prizes will be awarded randomly.
- Prizes will be awarded solely on the basis of entering the contest and DO NOT represent payment or remuneration for book reviews, a violation of Amazon review policies.
- Only honest book reviews are expected in connection with the contest. The character of any review, whether positive or negative, will have absolutely no bearing on the selection of contest winners or odds of winning a prize.
- Only one prize per person or household will be awarded.
- No duplicate entries permitted.
- To be accepted, entries must be submitted in accordance with the "How to Enter" section below.
- ALL prizes must be claimed no later than midnight, July 31, 2017. Any prizes not claimed by that deadline are forfeited.
- By entering the contest in the manner prescribed, you agree to all the rules of the contest and further agree to be bound by them.
- Winners will be selected and prizes awarded in accordance with the details provided in the sections below. All decisions of the contest organizer regarding winner selections and prizes awarded are final.
How to Enter
- After reading the novel, FAIR IS FOUL AND FOUL IS FAIR, post a brief, honest review on the book page at Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071YB8R8M
- IMPORTANT: Once Amazon has accepted and posted your review, copy the permalink, and send it by email to: larrydarter at gmail dot com. Until the permalink is received, a contest entry will not have been successfully accomplished. Since Amazon notes only the date of a review, to make the contest fair and to allow for multiple reviews being posted on the same date, winners will be selected and prizes awarded based on the specific date AND time the required email is received which may not necessarily be the date a review was actually posted on Amazon.
Note: Your email address will only be used for the stated purposes of this contest and will not be retained after all contest winners have been identified and the contest ends. You WILL NOT be added to any mailing list.
How Winners Will Be Selected
Before publishing this post, I randomly selected and recorded five individual numbers between the numbers eight and 17. Those five numbers represent the contest winners. If the number of your review, in the order your review permalink is received, corresponds with one of the five numbers randomly selected, you will be a winner.
One folded slip of paper with the description of one of the available prizes printed on it will be drawn from a container holding five such folded slips of paper. If you submit a winning entry, you will be awarded the prize described on the slip of paper drawn in your behalf. Notification will be provided to winners immediately on selection by an email sent to the email address provided when entering the contest. Any instructions on how to claim a prize will be included in that email.
Contest organizer is not responsible for entry emails sent in error to an address other than the official entry address, larrydarter at gmail dot com, or for any failure by any entrant to provide a valid working email address.
Writing and Posting Book Reviews is Easy
Are you interested in entering the contest but feel uncertain about how to write and post a review? Writing a simple book review isn't as difficult as some people think and Amazon makes it very easy to post them. If you need a little help, I recommend reading a short but excellent article on how to write a simple book review that was written by Nancy Curteman. You can find the article here: https://nancycurteman.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/how-to-write-a-book-review-on-amazon/